Sunday, September 12, 2010

Where Saints Roam/Cheap Thrills Cost the Most 7" - Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster

For thoes of you that don't know Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster...shame on you. The band is fronted by Dallas Taylor, who was the original singer for the Christian metal-core band Underoath. Before I get into this review I want to point out that this 7 inch is on a limited hand numbered run (I own #973) so get it while you can.

Ill do a track by track break down (There are only 2, I figure I'm not that lazy)

Side A is a track called "Where Saints Roam" When I first listened to this track I was reminded of home. I went to party before I went back to college this year and the night ended with a bunch of my friends out on a porch, drunk at 2 in the morning singing to an acoustic guitar. That's what this song is. No, drums, no bass, no over production. Just an acoustic guitar and gang vocals. It is honestly beautiful.

The B-side is "Cheap Thrills Cost the Most " and is a straight up, driving, southern metal song. It honestly sounds like the soundtrack to a bar fight. If you cant bob your head to the groove of this track you better be dead, because this song is hooky as all get out.


Guys if you can find a copy of this 7 inch, buy it. The tracks are exclusive to the single. Your not going to find them on an album and they are more than worth it.


(Yeah, the pic isn't of my record. Its 3 am and I dont want to dig out my camera. Deal with it)
Photobucket

No comments: