Monday, September 27, 2010

The Devil Wears Prada - Zombie E.P.

As anyone who really knows me and they will tell you...Shawn Loves Zombies. So when I went record shopping and noticed that The Devil Wears Prada put out an E.P. simply called Zombie I was a bit more than excited.

First, let me say that I am a sucker for free bonus stuff with music and this E.P. provided another little trinket for my amusement; The Devil Wears Prada in a Zombie comic book. It's nothing groundbreaking, the plot revolves around the band attempting to upload their E.P. to a computer and the only thing standing between them and that are a few hundred zombies. Not going to win many awards but, hey it was free, so kudos for that.

As far as the record its self goes something caught my eye...no silly song titles. The Devil Wears Prada is know for silly song titles (I Hate Buffering and Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over to just name a couple) but all the song titles on Zombie are words like Escape and Outbreak...and then I realized that this was a concept E.P. documenting a full zombie apocalypse. Awesome Idea...my second Kudos to the band.

The music is exactly what you would expect from The Devil Wears Prada, hard, fast and abrasive metal. In all honesty this E.P. has some of their hardest hitting songs to date. One thing I love about these songs are the samples. A lot of bands attempt to be hip and use samples in their records but some bands just don"t know when to stop....The Devil Wears Prada is NOT one of those bands. The sampling is near perfect; the gun shots at the end of Revive are a great touch.


If you like metal and you like zombies this E.P. Is a no brainier, get it now. The only fault I can find with the Zombie E.P. is that it is way to short. You really start getting into this world they have created for you and your suddenly jerked out (By an INTENSE breakdown...so I guess getting jerked out isn't all that bad)


Photobucket

No comments: